To ensure that AsiaCALL messages do not get redirected to spam, please register firstname.lastname@example.org in your contact list
Security has been increased because of spamming attempts.
Please report any difficulties you may experience logging in by using the Contact Us form
We are excited to announce our three great Keynote Speakers for AsiaCALL2014. They are:
Professor Dr. Jozef Colpaert, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Associate Professor Dr. Jeong-Bae Son, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Professor Dr. Hsien-Chin Liou, Feng Chia University, Taiwan
Further details can be found at: http://asiacall.org/network/?q=page/keynote-speakers
We are delighted to announce that AsiaCALL2014, the 13th AsiaCALL International Conference, will be held on 21- 24 November 2014 and will be hosted by the National Changhua University of Education, Taiwan. We are also delighted to announce that the President of the Conference is Professor Dr. Kuo, Feng-lan and we are grateful to National Changhua University of Education for the privilege of holding an AsiaCALL conference in Taiwan for the first time.
American delegates please note that the conference will be held at Thanksgiving time, thus giving you the opportunity to extend your stay in Asia at a particularly pleasant time of the year.
The Conference Programme will include a Doctoral Consortium, and Workshops as part of the Pre-conference Day, Keynote and Plenary sessions, an Open Mic session, Individual papers, and Workshops.
AsiaCALL2014 Call for Papers
AsiaCALL2014 is seeking proposals for papers/workshops from language researchers and practitioners, CALL enthusiasts, users, researchers and developers of computer technology for teaching and learning on a wide range of themes, including but not limited to:
"Capacity Building and CALL: Practices and Challenges"
- Developments in Mobile Teaching and Learning
- Collaborative and/or Interactive Learning with Technology
- Teaching Learning Practices with Social Media Technologies and Beyond
- E-learning and the Challenges
- Minimally Invasive Technology and Language Learning
- The Role of Teacher and Learner in Technology-Mediated Learning
- Teacher Education and Technology Integration
- Digital Game-Based Learning
- Virtual Communities and Teaching Learning Practices
- Technologies for Teacher Education
- Creating and/or Managing Online Teaching Learning Environment
- New Developments in Pedagogy of Language Teaching and/or Content with Technology
- Technology & Assessment Practices
- Multimedia-Based Teaching and Learning
- National, Regional and International Challenges and/or Reforms in Technology Use
- Cyber-culture, identity and language
- Blended Learning and Technologies
- Other Related Areas
To submit an abstract, please click Abstract Submission
THE CALL FOR PAPERS BEGINS ON FEBRUARY 1 2014, AND ENDS ON
MARCH 15 2014 MARCH 25 2014. ACCEPTANCE WILL BE NOTIFIED BY APRIL 15, 2014. SUBMISSION OF PAPERS CAN BE MADE USING THE FORM UNDER THE CONFERENCES MENU. ABSTRACTS OF APPROXIMATELY 200 WORDS ARE EXPECTED.
PLEASE GET YOUR PAPERS IN EARLY. THIS WILL ALLOW FOR BETTER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE CONFERENCE AS WELL AS BETTER ORGANISATION.
AsiaCALL2014 Important Dates
|Call for Papers
||1 February -
|15 March 2014
25 March 2014
|Notification of Acceptance
||15 April 2014
||1 March - 30 August 2014
|Deadline for Registration of ALL Presenters
||30 August 2014
||1 September - 1 November 2014
||21 November 2014
||22 -24 November 2014
AsiaCALL2013 - Proceedings
The AsiaCALL Online Journal [ACOJ] welcomes submissions for the AsiaCALL2013 Proceedings to be published as a special issue of the AsiaCALL Online Journal [ACOJ].
Deadline for submissions is: January 31, 2014.
To submit an item for publication, please register on the AsiaCALL Online Journal [ACOJ] website and upload your submission as you would upload any other submission. Please make sure that you select Proceedings from the dropdown box. Also, please ensure that you adhere to the formatting template. You will find all details under the Submissions TAB on the journal website (http://asiacall.info/acoj).
If you encounter problems, please use the Contact Us form on the journal website.
Dr. Ania Lian, Vice-President, Research & Innovation, and Executive Editor.
Message from Prof. Andrew Lian, the President of AsiaCALL
I would like to express a huge vote of thanks on behalf of AsiaCALL to Conference Patron, Dean, Associate Professor Dr. Kuntida Tuwamsuk and Conference Organiser and President Assistant Professor Phiphawin Srikrai and her team of colleagues and students at Khon Kaen University, Thailand, for the huge success of AsiaCALL2013.
Enthusiasm in CALL and AsiaCALL is growing from Conference to Conference and we look forward to AsiaCALL2014 in National Chang Hua University of Education, Taiwan, and AsiaCALL2015 in Xin Yi University of Aeronautics, China. Details shortly.
Our warmest thanks to all AsiaCALLers - you are all great and I appreciate your commitment to the field. Without your interest and enthusiasm nothing would be possible. We have a developing program of research and professional activities planned for the coming year!
Keep an eye here, the PhD & Research Chat page and the AsiaCALL websites for details re publication of Proceedings as well as other plans.
Once again congratulations to all and warmest good wishes.
About the AsiaCALL website
Welcome to the AsiaCALL Professional Networking site. This site replaces the previous AsiaCALL website (you will be automatically redirected here if you attempt to go to asiacall.org).
This site is a social site in the spirit of Facebook and is designed to enable people to share and discuss all activities that they engage in relating to the field of Technology-Enhanced Language-Learning (TELL) and Computer-Assisted Language-Learning (CALL).
The central communication and relationship-building structures of the site are Communities. These can be set up in a variety of ways and will enable people with an affinity for one another to grow together.
You are invited to join a Community or even to create one. Each community has its own Articles, Discussions (like a forum), Documents, Blogs, Wikis and other features. At very least you should join the Our Community group.
The Community nature of this site means that its success will depend on contributions from its members. Basically, it is the members' site and it is largely up to members to make sure that the site is successful.
Please feel free to explore the website's facilities and to make suggestions.
Features of the site
Below are some of the features of the site (in addition to its social construction, spam-resistant inter-member communication and the usual information dissemination). Some of these features may be available only if you are a registered user.
- A repository of member-contributed documents and links as well as blog entries and discussions (principally in the Document Repository community but elsewhere too).
- A live bibliography/directory of published and unpublished research and a directory of work in progress. This facility can be accessed in a self-managed mode of operation and personal bibliographies can be embedded in other websites too. For instance, you can store your information in the bibliography and display it on any number of other sites. Consult the Bibliography/Research menu item under Goodies above. This facility is offered as a way of generating an up-to-date list of research and work in progress.
- The site provides a listing of an AsiaCALL-accredited Panel of Experts and consultants in CALL/TELL. Listing as an AsiaCALL-accredited expert requires completing an application and being approved by the AsiaCALL accreditation panel. Accreditation may provide valuable professional and academic recognition and may attract requests for consultancy work or assist with academic promotion.
- The site also provides a listing of Employment, Consultancy and Research Collaboration opportunities. Access is through the Goodies menu TAB above.
Please feel free to suggest more functionalities. We hope that you will connect to lots of interesting people and have a great time.
Finally, please note that all materials, facilities and interactions involving this website are subject to the AsiaCALL Terms of Service and, beyond that, the absolute control of AsiaCALL.